Bearing installation is as important asbearing design and cleanliness. Improper installation can damage the bearingassembly. During installation, at no time can any installation forces betransmitted from one bearing ring to the other through the balls. Incorrectinstallation can cause brinneling of the bearing, which can result in bearingvibration, noise, and reduced life. See our Bearing Handling Practices page formore information about proper installation of the HUAN® bearing into yourdevice
1. Force should only be applied to the ring that is beingmounted.
2. When installing on a tight shaft, force is to beapplied to the inner ring only.
3. When installing a bearing in a tight housing, force isto be applied to the outer ring only.
4. Bearing, tooling, and mounting surfaces should be keptclean and free of all contamination
5. Mount bearings squarely onto shafts or into housings .
6. Do not apply any shock or impact techniques (likehammering) to install the bearings. Also, use proper tooling so as not todamage the bearing or assembly.