Bearing installation is as important as bearing design and cleanliness. Improper installation can damage the bearing assembly. During installation, at no time can any installation forces be transmitted from one bearing ring to the other through the balls. Incorrect installation can cause brinneling of the bearing, which can result in bearing vibration, noise, and reduced life. See our Bearing Handling Practices page for more information about proper installation of the HUAN® bearing into your device
1. Force should only be applied to the ring that is being mounted.
2. When installing on a tight shaft, force is to be applied to the inner ring only.
3. When installing a bearing in a tight housing, force is to be applied to the outer ring only.
4. Bearing, tooling, and mounting surfaces should be kept clean and free of all contamination
5. Mount bearings squarely onto shafts or into housings .
6. Do not apply any shock or impact techniques (like hammering) to install the bearings. Also, use proper tooling so as not to damage the bearing or assembly.